Meet Dr. Bly
Cary Bly, DDS, MSD
Diplomate, American Board of Periodontology
Dr. Cary Bly was born and raised on Kent Island. The daughter of a waterman and a nurse, she knew from an early age that she wanted to pursue a career in healthcare. Dentistry was the perfect choice allowing her to incorporate healthcare with her creative, artistic background.
Dr. Bly completed a BA in Biology with a minor in Music at Franklin & Marshall College in Lancaster, PA. She earned her dental degree from the University of Maryland School of Dentistry in 2005 and immediately began her residency in periodontics at Virginia Commonwealth University School of Dentistry in Richmond, Virginia. There she worked as chief resident, was a clinical instructor for the dental students, and graduated with a certificate in Periodontology and a Master’s Degree. She earned diplomat status for the American Board of Periodontology in 2009.
Dr. Bly returned to the Annapolis area in 2008 and has been in practice since that time.
Memberships and Affiliations:
- AA County Representative to MDSA House of Delegates 2009-present
- MARPAC Representative to the MDSA House of Delegates 2010-present
- Anne Arundel County Dental Society President 2011-2012
- Maryland State Dental Association
- American Board of Periodontology
- Academy of Osseointegration
- Southern Academy of Periodontology
- Annapolis Dental Study Club
- Chesapeake Study Club
- Spears Study Club
- Gerald M. Bowers Periodontal and Implant Study Club
- Missions of Mercy Project
- Virginia Society of Periodontists